Custom See Through Wood Burning Indoor Outdoor Fireplace
Friday, December 13th, 2013
|Custom See Through Wood Burning Indoor Outdoor Fireplace|
Acucraft was thrilled to receive the opportunity to design this beautiful, one of kind and unique fireplace. With the requirements of the fireplace at hand, the Acucraft design team began to work directly with the customer to go over the options Acucraft has to offer.
|Custom See Through Wood Burning Indoor Outdoor Fireplace – Indoor View|
Acucraft then took the next step to complete the design by presenting to the customer finishing options, which are;
- Copper Patina, a rich dark textured finish, giving your fireplace a truly vintage appearance.
- Aged Bronze Patina, a rich, smooth finish, giving your fireplace a truly rustic appearance.
- Japanese Brown Patina, a 300 year old recipe originally used for Japanese tea pots.
- Black, a deep matte, black finish giving your fireplace a clean and classic appearance.
|Custom See Through Outdoor Indoor Wood Burning Fireplace – Outdoor View|
The Custom Indoor Outdoor See Through Wood Burning Fireplace uses 100% outdoor air for combustion. The room air that is heated comes from below and goes around the fireplace to heat the home. The customer wanted the venting above the mounted television, which is the opening between the stones where the heat comes out. In order to eliminate any cold spots the customer installed ceiling fans to blow the heat downward. In order to have the venting above the television Acucraft installed a Remote Ducting System, which is part of Acucraft’s Whole Home Heating System (please view previous blog to read more about Whole Home Heating System).
Design features of the Custom See Through Outdoor Indoor Wood Burning Fireplace are:
- One firebox and one flue
- Two sets of operating doors; one inside, one outside
- Ability to load fire wood from the outside; eliminating the need to store or bring wood into your home
- 100% Sealed Outdoor Door and Frame, eliminating cold air transfer
- The opportunity to have all heat forced into the home
- Create a comfortable outdoor fireplace area
- Ability to have two unique designs; example: Rectangular Indoor, Arched Outdoor, etc
- Ability to enjoy the fireplace in 2 separate living areas; with only having the maintenance of one fireplace system
- Security – Lockable Doors
- The Neo-Ceramic glass panes can support any thermal shock such as cold water on your fireplace door.
- Lifetime warranty on all Neo-Ceramic glass
A special thanks to the builder of this project, Peter Rosi with American Rustic Builders http://www.americanrusticbuilders.com/